Here at Venues and Events International we know that handling the delegate experience is crucial to the success of any event. Vast amounts of delegate information can be both time consuming and difficult for event organisers, that is why Oliva Unsworth, Junior Event Manager has identified some of the key benefits in using delegate management software to help streamline this process…
1) Bespoke event registration – By creating a customised online delegate management tool, it enables organisers to compile the information you require from delegates for your events. This tool can also be built into your event website and shared as a link for simple distribution to gather delegate details such as accommodation/dietary requirements, or even more personalised to include their favourite tipple or a night cap. When looking at developing the tool, you can customise it to feature your company brand or incorporate an event brand identity which will run through your entire communications strategy.
2) 24-hour event registration – As it can be accessed from anywhere on any computer over the internet, this allows delegates the opportunity to register 24/7 and can provide live updates to your event organisers coordinating the event at any time, day or night.
3) Payment collection – You can use the delegate management tool as a secure form of payment collection, where delegates will be able to pay either for the event itself, accommodation where required, or any other event aspects that require pre-payment.
4) One simple information collection point – The main benefit of a good online registration system is that it creates one simple collection point for all information you require from delegates, presenters and exhibitors. Providing accurate data on who has registered enables you to book accommodation where required, allowing you to secure the correct number of bedrooms.
If you’re using the tool to encourage delegates to book individual meetings/sessions at your event, the system can be set to cap numbers meaning you will never overbook. It also allows the event management team to view, change, download or report on information on the build-up and during the event.
5) Reporting capabilities – The reporting capabilities of a delegate management tool allows you to generate all those key onsite lists at the click of a button by searching and sorting information as required prior to printing the required details. Saving time and effort and making the management of the event more efficient ensuring your delegates have an enjoyable experience.
6) Secure access – Each event can have its own unique security credentials with different logins that can also be assigned to different delegates which can help manage which delegates have access to registration and attendance at different events that are taking place. The tool allows for the upload of relevant documents to encourage pre-event reading for delegates.
7) Targeted marketing capabilities – With the delegates registering with an email address it allows for invitations, reminders, updates and newsletters around the event itself to be sent out as part of your event communication strategy to ensure everyone is kept informed with ease, about the latest news around the event itself.
8) App technology – To keep the event engagement flowing throughout the lifecycle of the event, you can link the delegate management tool to an event app. You can promote the app as part of your communications strategy and have it available to download from the delegate management website and created using the event identity to ensure consistency between the different technology systems.
Understanding the benefits of a delegate management tool is one thing, implementing one is another and can be quite daunting when you think about it. Let us take that fear and pressure off your hands… We have plenty of examples to show you of websites we’ve previously designed and how clients have used these for their events and would love to chat to you on how we can support in making your event even more of a success with a fully branded delegate management website.